Privacy & Data ProtectionAreas of Expertise
The protection of personal data cannot be overlooked.
The financial and reputational damage caused by a data breach can have far-reaching consequences to businesses and organisations.
The recently adopted European General Data Protection Regulation (EGDPR) provides that the failure to comply with the legislative provisions can lead to fines of up to 5% of annual worldwide turnover, or €100m, and also the possibility for individuals and associations, acting in the public interest, to bring claims for non-compliance.
- Conducting data protection audits to determine compliance of an organisation with the salient provisions of data protection legislation;
- Advising on the impact of the European General Data Protection Regulation on the operations of clients;
- Advising on international transfers of data;
- Advise on how to prevent and respond to data breaches;
- Review of data sharing agreements;
- Drafting of appropriate policies, procedures and handbooks;
- Advise on the use and storage of CCTV footage;
- Responding to individual Access rights requests;
- Retention of data.